Search Updates:

Pacquiao vs Mosley Online Live Streaming

Pacquiao vs Mosley News and Updates, Online Live Streaming and Coverage, Pacquiao Mosley 24/7 by HBO

Friday, January 23, 2009

Pacquiao finally decides to face Hatton

(Updated 1:45 p.m.) MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao has decided to fight British champion Ricky Hatton on May 2, a report on QTV's Balitanghali said Friday.

According to the report, Pacquiao has informed promoter Bob Arum of his decision through telephone. The revenue split, however, was not disclosed.

In a separate radio dzBB interview, Pacquiao expressed delight that the fight will finally push through, saying, "Tuloy na ang laban. Nag-usap na kami ni Bob Arum [The fight will push through. I have already spoken with Bob Arum]," Pacquiao said.

Pacquiao said he would mostly likely fly back to the United States in February to start training for the fight.

Asked what the terms of the agreement between and Arum were, Pacquiao said: "Saka na lang natin sabihin [I will just tell you some other time]," Pacquiao said.

In another radio dzBB interview, Pacquiao’s chief of staff, Jake Joson, confirmed that the figures have indeed "changed," triggering the realization of the Pacquiao-Hatton fight.

"Nagbago po lahat ng figures kaya nagkaron ng magandnag resulta [Good results came up in the negotiations because the figures changed]," Joson said.

Pacquiao had earlier indicated that he won’t fight Hatton unless the revenue split made in his favor. He has been demanding a 60-40 split from the total proceeds of the total revenue purse since he further gained world recognition after his eighth round win against Oscar De La Hoya last year.

Hatton’s camp, however, wanted a 50-50 sharing deal after already reaching a verbal agreement with Arum.

Arum has suggested a 52-48 split favoring Pacquiao, who is expected to rake in between $20 to 40 million depending on the draw of pay-per-view television audience.

Ray Hatton, Ricky’s father and manager, has threatened to drop out of the fight if Pacquiao would insist on the 60-40 split. He added that he could arrange another super-fight for his son, a match that could also draw a huge crowd.

Joson said earlier online reports - that the total prize pot for the boxing match was $12 million and that a 52-48 split will be observed in favor of Pacquiao – are no longer true after the renegotiation.

Two of the venues being eyed for the Pacquiao-Hatton fight are the MGM Grand Garden or the Thomas Mack Center in Las Vegas.

But Joson said the venue and date for the long-awaited boxing fight would probably happen on the same date at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas.

"May 2 pa rin at mukang sa MGM pa rin sa Las Vegas gagawin [It would still probably be held on May 2 at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas]," Joson said. - with Mark MerueƱas, GMANews.TV


Social Bookmarking

No comments:

In your opinion, how will the Pacquiao-Hatton fight will end?

Blog Disclaimer

Ricky Hatton vs Manny Pacquiao is a personal blog that aims to share online information about the upcoming fight. This blog is a collaborative effort of individuals who are currently registered members of other online community sites. Ricky Hatton vs Manny Pacquiao does not claim any form of ownership or copyright in the materials found in this blog. Most of the contents featured in this blog come from other sites. The said materials are owned by those sites where these resources are posted.