Search Updates:

Pacquiao vs Mosley Online Live Streaming

Pacquiao vs Mosley News and Updates, Online Live Streaming and Coverage, Pacquiao Mosley 24/7 by HBO

Friday, April 24, 2009

RICKY READY TO KO THE KNOCKERS

Ricky Hatton says he'll KO his critics as well as Manny Pacquiao on May 2.

The Hitman has already four world titles in two weight divisions and compiled a stellar 45-1 career record.

And on Saturday week in Las Vegas he bids to dethrone boxing's reigning P4P king Pacquiao when they clash in the biggest fight of the year so far at the MGM Grand.

But despite all his success in becoming one of Britain's greatest ever ring superstars, Hatton says he's had to fight as hard for respect outside the ring as he has for victories inside the ropes.

He explained: "I've come up my whole career with people thinking I was just an exciting kid, a brawler who put on too much weight between fights. My lifestyle was going to catch up with me. Kostya Tszyu was going to flatten me. It seems like I've spent my whole career with knockers.

"Nobody is giving me a prayer in this fight too. It's them knockers that I'm going to knock on their a*** on May 2. It seems like I've come from this overhyped, overprotected a guy who wanted to stay in Manchester, in England, in his home town. And I feel like I've done the exact opposite.

"After beating Kostya Tszyu it would have been very easy to stay in the comfort zone. When you're the number one in the division everybody really should come to you. But I wanted to prove to critics that I didn't want to stay in Manchester, in England, in the comfort zone.

"I wanted to go out and be the best, fight world champions, move up and down in divisions and fight the best P4P fighters in the world and that is what I've done my whole career."

Hatton feels he's done things right inside and outside the ring, becoming a cult hero for his willingness to spend time with his fans in what he calls "an era of celebrity b****cks".

"If you don't find me at the bar with a beer, you'll find me at the buffet with a chicken breast," he said.

"I'm not somebody who will put you to sleep inside the ring and I like to think I'm not somebody who will put you to sleep outside the ring."

As Hatton prepares to face Pacquiao for all the marbles in the Nevada desert, he's counting down the hours to his big chance to silence the critics for good. By becoming the best boxer on the planet.

"All I seem to do is get knocked, but that's my inspiration. I don't see myself as a star. Everybody sees me as a little, fat brawler and I know I'm better than that. May 2 you'll all be sharpening your pens and writing something different."

Source: http://www.sportinglife.com/boxing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=boxing/09/04/22/manual_135827.html

Social Bookmarking

No comments:

In your opinion, how will the Pacquiao-Hatton fight will end?

Blog Disclaimer

Ricky Hatton vs Manny Pacquiao is a personal blog that aims to share online information about the upcoming fight. This blog is a collaborative effort of individuals who are currently registered members of other online community sites. Ricky Hatton vs Manny Pacquiao does not claim any form of ownership or copyright in the materials found in this blog. Most of the contents featured in this blog come from other sites. The said materials are owned by those sites where these resources are posted.